JOIN US to discuss the clinical dynamic of nearness and distance at play in choices created around the use of technology in therapy practices.
The Following information will be covered:
- Informed consent in digital communications
- Email/text legal & ethical risk management
- Professionalism & HIPPA compliance with email/text
- Ways to prevent security breaches
- Ethical and compliant credit/debit cards and electronic payments in private practice
- With special guest speaker Roy Huggins of Person Centered Tech will also provide a handout to take with you
Participants will have the opportunity to:
- Work in small groups
- Discuss real life ethical and legal dilemmas of technology use in private practice
- Acknowledge the role of transference and countertransference
- Explore emotional, intellectual, and clinical aspects of digital communication
- Q&A with seasoned professional therapists in the community
Through March 31: Members: $135.00, Non-Members: $150.00, Students: $35.00.
After March 31: Members: $145.00, Non-Members: $165.00, Students: $45.00.